cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Server installation in Windows XP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can SAP Server be installed in Windows XP?

Thanks,

Shaina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have installed in xp

same to same configaration as

2003 server

installation time i error display

hostname

ok

u go c drive open windows folder and open system32 folder and open drivers folder

and open etc file in notepad

u configer host name and ipaddress and save

and u continu the installation

problem solve

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as Kaushal posted, it's no...BUT...you could go for a virtual solution such as VMware on xp and install a win2003server as guest system...only a workaround cos performance can be an issue

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have also seen that SAP server can be installed in Windows Server machines 2000 & 2K. But when I want to go for Local Printing in SAP using C option it is given that, it is possible only with Windows XP.

Please see the below link for my confusion.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/26/ceea3b31aac554e10000000a114084/content.htm

If SAP can not installed in XP, why is it given that SAP Local prinitng is possible only in Windows XP?

Thanks,

Shaina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. In this case XP is front end computer, there you have installed SAP GUI, instead of SAP SERVER.

Read this -->http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4f/9c033cff903105e10000000a114084/content.htm

Access Method C --> Local printing from .....

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link says "The spool work process of the SAP System and the host spool system (operating system spooler) are on the same host." for C option. That means The SAP server (Spool server) + OS spool system must be in the same host. So to use C option in XP only we must have sap server (according to the SAP docs)

Am I wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link says "The spool work process of the SAP System and the host spool system (operating system spooler) are on the same host." for C option. That means The SAP server (Spool server) + OS spool system must be in the same host. So to use C option in XP only we must have sap server (according to the SAP docs)

yes the link says that The spool work process of the SAP System and the host spool system (operating system spooler) are on the same host." for C option

you can set up a spool server on WINDOWS XP only other windows os not supported,

it does not tells you that you install SAP Server on windows XP.

you can install application server on windows XP with spool work process ( i.e dialog instance not (central instance + database instance) )

in short if you want to access method C in that case you used windows XP and install application server ( i.e dialog instance) on that.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the information.

I am convinced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Can you please tell me the exact difference between Central instance & dialog instance?

Thanks,

Shaina

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The central instance is the instance having the message (+ enqueue) server.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Basically we want to do the printer driver driver testing in SAP environment. I need SAP spool sever. Which type of installation do I have to choose? Central instance or Dialog instance?

Thanks,

Shaina

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you "connect" that system to an already running system with a central instance, then it will be enough to install a dialog instance and reconfigure the profile that you have a spool workprocess.

However, keep in mind that Windows XP uses different printer drivers than Windows 2003.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this question is asked so many times.

did you try to search sdn?

answer is no, Windows XP is not the server system it is a client system.

further more check service.sap.com/pam for compatibility

regards,

kaushal