cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Adapter Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are currently on the process of implementing PI 7.0. I am actually configuring the PI, and I am on the J2EE Adapter Engine configuring part. I am kind of lost here and I don't know If I screwed the system settings. Can someone please tell me if I did this correctly.

I went to monitor the Adapters through Runtime workbench --> Component Monitoring --> Show all --> Clicked on the adapter Engine and it everything was green. then I clicked on the adapter Monitoring to see which of the adapters are working, and it went no where. I click the button, nothing happens. so I went to Visual Admin to click if the services were running....and everything was running...and as I was looking at the settings. and it had XIAFUSER for SAP XI Adapter: XI, well this user doesn't exist in our system since it is PI 7.0 and it all users starts PI..., so I changed to PIAFUSER and also changed the password as well. Did I do this right? am I suppose to change this user name and password?

I aslo made changes to following Adapter settings as well...where ever I had the XIAFUSER, I changed to PIAFUSER?

SAP XI Adapter: XI

xiadapter.isconfig.username - PIAFUSER

xiadapter.isconfig.password - Changed master password that I gave during the installatiton

SAP XI AF CPA Cache

Only changed: directoryUser -> PIAFUSER

SAP XI Adapter: JMS

keystoreUserName --> changed PIAFUSER

Looks like I need to add these adapters in SLD via Content maintenance to get this Adapter Monitoring button working? As per note I removed and created again all contents 764176 and looks like something is still missing. I have all these type in the Technical systems --> Exchange Infrastructure

Adapter Engine, Integration Directory, Integration

Repository, Integration Server and Runtime Workbench/RWB) and has the correct Application system (which is the PI machine)

Please Advice if I did this correct or not? I am kind of little lost here...any help would be much much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then I clicked on the adapter Monitoring to see which of the adapters are working, and it went no where

In PI7.0 u should check the Communication Channel Monitoring, not the adapter monitoring

well this user doesn't exist in our system since it is PI 7.0 and it all users starts PI

FOr PI 7.0, a user not necessarily start with PI. It is just a convention. U may create a user starting with XI also.

Check whether the user exist in su01 transaction.

Did I do this right? am I suppose to change this user name and password?

Well. If XIAFUSER does not exist and PIAFUSER exists then u did right. But if it is showing XIAFUSER by default, then there might b various other location where same username wil be present.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Preetk.

Not just that..same applies to Communication Monitoring. non-of these buttons are working.

XIAFUSER do not exists in the system at all. Well as part of PI installation, SAP creates all the users starting with PI, not XI anymore. well..I do can change them, well it is not necessary to change them correct?

Any other suggestions?

Don't you think that this is something to do with SLD --> Technical systesm --> system type --> Exchange Infrastructure --> "what are things should be here"?

Like said on my previous thread, it has only those. any thing else should be there?

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

As far as i know as part of the installation we(Basis) will create one pmistore services in visual administrator. Actually this service only will give the details about the Java activities and adapter monitoring services in runtime workbench.If that service is not created please do the same then check the same.Let me know the result.

Thanks and Regads

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

In exchange profile check all the services users also. http://<systemname>:<port>/exchangeProfile.

before checking the service users check the same in abap side whether PI users existing.For PI 7 we need to use only PI users.while doing the netweaver installation it will automatically generate all the service users.

Check the same in sicf service also.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

PMISTORE destinations is there and works fine. Just verified in Visual Admin.

Followed this documents:

Creating the HTTP Destination pmistore Locate the document in its SAP Library structure

Use

The HTTP destination pmistore is required for the Process Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI). See also Configuring End-to-End Monitoring.

This task corresponds to template step 18.

Procedure

Perform the following steps:

1. Start the Visual Administrator on your Integration Server host.

2. Choose Cluster ® Server ® Services ® Destinations.

3. In the right frame select the HTTP node in the Runtime tab.

4. Choose New.

5. Enter the string pmistore as destination name.

Caution

Use lowercase letters only.

6. Choose HTTP ® pmistore and enter at least the following:

&#9675; URL: http://.

You can find the required port number by running transaction SMICM and choosing Goto ® Services.

&#9675; Select BASIC as Authentication.

&#9675; Username: PIRWBUSER

&#9675; Password: Enter the password that you entered during installation.

7. Choose Save.

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have verified the users. All the users in the exchange profiles are starts with PI....and NO user name exists with starting letters XI...even in ABAP. Not sure if this is SAP's installation issue or I am missing any configurations.

Thanks for you help Vijay

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should also mention that we are using Central SLD. We are using Solution Manager as our SLD. NOT LOCAL PI SLD. Central SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOVLED the problem by: re-creating the Exchange Infrastructure Technical type in SLD and then re-starting the Central SLD and PI machine, and finally as per Note 816022 - FAQ XI-PI 3.0-7.0-7.1 J2EE Adapter Engine-Messaging System, read points number 21, refreshed the cached completely by running

http://<hostname>:<java_port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

then go back to RWB, and see if the those button working, it all worked fine now.

BUT STILL Unsure about those incorrect user name (XIAFUSER) instead of PIAFUSER in the SAP XI: adapter XI: services and other services....lets wait and see what SAP has to say about this

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

I just want a small clarification from you.In the below XI technical system under the name what are the things are u seeing.because by using the template if we do so the problem may come.because in Xi3.0 we need to create one domain and we need to some configuration for monitoring.Then only RWB it will work perfectly.But in case of PI7.0 it will create the domain automatically by default by doing the post installation.

So, my question is that under XI technical what are the things you can able to see?

I ll also tell my case.There are IR ,ID and domain <system name>,IS and RWB. Obviously IS will increase according to the related integration server.

It might helpful for others from you point.Let we see others answers also.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got it right. I have exactly the same settings as you mentioned.