cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageBox on Adobe Form in MSS PCR for ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding the behavior of Adobe form messagebox in MSS PCR.

I tried to test how the messagebox looks like, and so I created a PCR scenario with an Adobe form. This form contains a datetime field. I added the script "xfd.host.messageBox("this is message", "this is title") to the "exit" event of the datetime field. Then I did all the necessary steps so that this PCR is displayed in the Portal.

Now at the runtime, when I select a date value from the datetime field, the messagebox is displayed, BUT within an empty Adobe Reader page. It is not displayed on the top of my adobe form.

But the strange thing is that when I use tab key to navigate through the datetime field, the messagebox is displayed on the top of my adobe form, without the empty Adobe Reader page.

I also tried my script with several different event types, including "Change", and "Validate", it behaves the same way. But when I tried it with the event type "MouseExit", no empty Adobe reader page is shown up at all (of course, this is not the right event type for me)

The environment is ECC 5.0, MSS business package for ECC 5.0, SAP Portal 7.0 (NW 2004s), Adobe LiveCycle 7.1

Has anyone experienced this? I'd really appreciate any comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

--

Harrison

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adobe reaader version? i have not experienced such a problem. Just eager to know.

- anto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antony,

The Adobe Reader version is 8.1.1

Just wondering if you used messageBox in interactive forms with ISR framework, and it worked well for you?

Thanks.

--

Harrison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes... i had done it in the click event of a button of a custom ISR form. That was in ALCD 7.0, Reader 7.0.5 (5 i think) and IE6 in NW04.

I dont think there must be any issue with the versions that you are having.

- anto.