cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cause a validation fire upon saving the project.

0 Kudos

I built a Validation with a User Exit on the Network Header (The Validation checks to make sure the network number matches the project number). I can fire the validation manually in the project by selecting the Network Header and via the menu selecting Edit > Validation/Substitution > Validation.

Even though firing the validation ends in an error, the system still allows the project to be saved.

How can I prevent a project from being saved if it fails a validation?

Can this happen regardless of what piece of the project is selected upon save?

Much of the validation documentation is geared toward FI. In that documentation it mentions activating a validation using ob28 which can't be used for PS. Is there a PS validation activation transaction?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better debug the validation with help of an Abaper:

Set a breakpoint at point where the rule is called up i.e., at the beginning of function module G_VSR_VALIDATION_CALL.

Execute the action in which you expect the callup of the validation. If the validation is called up, you can check the field contents that have been transferred.

I don't think the auto validation in the project profile influences the validation of network header/activity.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

The direction to look at OPSA helped. Because once I saw that opsa forced validation on Project and WBS. I figured OPUU would do the same for the network and it did.

Thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to previous replies(setting Automatic indicator in OPSA), please check whether Message type is 'E'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the project profile customizing t code OPSA, you have to check the indicator- Automatic validation on and put the validation that you want to put there. Once it is done, the validation will be carried out when you try to save the project.

And please create this validation in the user exit at WBS level. Write the code there to check the networks in the project structure and throw error message of network number is not same as WBS or project def.

Let me know if you face any problem here.

Thanks,

Sourabh

Edited by: Sourabh Saxena on Mar 5, 2008 12:47 PM