cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI - File2IDoc : Field coming empty on R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a File2IDoc scenario. In order to test this scenario, i placed .CSV file in a Source directory. The file has 3 records in it. Each record contains 5 fields. Once XI picks up the file, I could see all the fields of each record processed fine, on the payload (xml file) through SXMB_MONI. When I check the IDoc in R3 Tx: WE05, I can only see 4 fields. The first one is missing in each IDoc record. I've tested the mapping and everything I possibly could... everything looks fine and seems to be working but when the message reaches R3, one record misses out. I've also tried to debug the program that gets kicked off when an IDoc is posted...it get's an empty field. Any idea as to what happens to that missing field of an IDoc record?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refresh your idoc metadata in transaction IDX2 or use that report IDX_RESET_METADATA.

Best regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojciech,

Thanks responding. I did try IDX2(and the report) on XI system ...no luck ..any other ideas?

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What can you see in IDX5 for that IDOC?

/wg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see the outbounding IDoc object, when i double click that it takes me to message monitoring. Where i could see all the fields filled in IDoc structure in the XML form.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can see it in IDX5 and you cannot see it in target system monitoring please remove the metadata using that report which I gave you before.

Btw has your element empty value inside because you want see something like that in IDOC. Empty values should be represented by / or \ now I can't remember exactly which one.

Best regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojciech,

I've deleted the entries by using the report you mentioned, then i re-ran the process. It still didnt work.

That field doesnt have any empty value, i am sending the 6 digit number. What i am thinking is, I could see all the record fields mapped to the XML form of IDoc on XI, when the Adaptor is trying to send this to R3 somewhere it is missing that one field data. How can we check whether Adaptor has sent all the IDoc record fields to R3?

Any Idea?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

iBose:

Check the following SAP notes similar to yours

Note : 791095

Note : 1025763

Let us know if it gets solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Guru.

Note : 791095, looks very similar to our issue. It Valid to Support Package, 640 SAPKB64004 - SAPKB64010, but we are already on SAPKB64016.

Any other ideas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you have already deleted and imported metadata once, if possible why don't you try to restart ABAP and J2EE engine once..may be it might work out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is also possible that it is deleted inside process code by a reduction to test it please delete your entry in partner profile or select a dummy process code. In this case you should receive IDOC in error status than please verify if the values is there. If the value is there please go back to correct configuration of partner profile and run that idoc in debug mode inside WE19.

BTW please double check in IDX1 from which system you are getting metadata of the IDOC.

/wg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deleted the entry in partner profile and i deleted the entire partner profile and recreated, nothing worked. I received the IDOC in error status with the missing field.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more thought, are there more than one version for the segment? Is it the standard segment, if yes could you post here IDOC type and segment name? If it's not the standard segment could you check if it was saved also you can set it to release from menu? How about settings in IDX1 maybe you are reading data from other system which has older version of the segment.

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using custom IDoc(ZDM_SUBMETER_ZDMSUBMETERS01), with the two segments(EDI_DC40, Z1BP_DM_SUBMETERS). Mapping is done with the Z1BP_DM_SUBMETERS. The segment has already been set it to released. XI is on 6.40, R3 6.20.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Have you verified IDX1?

2. What can you see in IDX2? How many fields are there in the Z* segment?

3. Are you able to modify segment Z1BP_DM_SUBMETERS (e.g. add different desription) and save it?

/wg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i look at the Tx: IDX2, i can see all the fields on XI. I tried to modify the segment, but it cannot be changed.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you checked with the incominf xml file payload in test tab of Mapping.

In Mapping editor verify if this input data is filling IDOC fields.

Thanks

Swarup