cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting all user objects except SU01 record in SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM gurus,

We are implementing SRM 5.0 (SRM SERVER 5.5 SP 9) and are using SRM as the CUA master to distribute user data to ECC and BW.

We cannot find a suitable way to delete all user objects except the user master (i.e. the position, CP, BP elements seen in PPOSA_BPP).

Can anyone let me know the best way to do this given our SRM version and that SRM is the CUA master?

I tried using the delete user capability from USERS_GEN (program 'BBP_USER_COMPARE') but despite giving successful messages nothing seems to get deleted (i.e. the position, CP and BP still remain!)

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick-

First this action seems dangerous. If you delete user related objects such as BP, users will lose access to SC history and technically the check tables are then invalid.

Just verify the impacts of deleting all user related objects are fully understood before you delete.

If you do want to delte I would suggest looking at the FM BBP_USER_DELETE (this is looking at SRM 5.0). It can perform the actions you want, but includes numerous checks to stop deletion of related data exists. It also deletes the SU01 record so you would need to stop that action, but the FM can be used to see how SAP does a clean delete. Note this does not delete positions so you would need to handle this as a seperate task.

Regards-

b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Brian explained deleting all the users could create problems later on in the system while accesing the previous data like Doc history etc.

So best way would be to complete all the open document for the user and then delete the user.

Once this is done,you can use trascn BBPMAININT also to delete the users.

You can also try using the report RHRHDL00 to delete org related objects for that User.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice.

The user deletion would only be done once shopping carts have been closed etc.

What I am really looking for is a one step process which is fairly quick to execute and which is not too complex.

That is why I was hoping we could use the deletion part of the USERS_GEN program.

Any one else have any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick