cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No records for the workflow after Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I created a workflow which is triggered after an import I have no records in the workflow.

For sure I added the worflow in the configuration of the Import Manager. I also added in the workflow the trigger action "after import". Nevertheless, the records have been imported but they haven`t been added to the workflow.

The strange thing i sometimes works and sometimes just not.

Kind regards and thanks for any help,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Correct me if am wrong " You mean to say the workflow records created were missing right ? " - but you coud see the imported

records. Kindly check all the status available in the workflow tab of DataManager - still are you not able to find that record??

please feel free to revert to me...

thanks

Alexander

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

If you have already made all the necesarry configurations, then I think the only problem can be " Roles and Users".

If you are having many roles and users, then you need to check it once. The workflow job might have got automatically launched and gone to the next role/user.

Check whether you are logging in using the correct user/role as it will be only visible to the respective role/user or the Owner.

And also if you can afford, try taking 1 record and deleting it. If it is present in the Workflow, it will not allow you to delete it. Otherwise it is not in a Workflow.This will cross check your problem.

Hope it helps.

*Please reward points if found useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out what the issue is.

It is the field "Max Time Launch" in the record detail of the workflow. It has to be "1".

Before the value was "0".

Anyway this reaction by MDM is not suitable since the value 0 means do not autolaunch based on unlaunched time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nita,

your last comment

"And also if you can afford, try taking 1 record and deleting it. If it is present in the Workflow, it will not allow you to delete it. Otherwise it is not in a Workflow.This will cross check your problem."

is not correct.

I can delete records that belong to a workflow before executing the workflow.

Maybe it is working in your version like that. Which one are you referring about?

Kind regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am working on MDM 5.5 SP05 ( 5.5.42.104). And i have also cross checked in my server build, that if any record is added to any workflow, then you can not delete it until and unless

1). Either you complete the entire Workflow.

2). Or you manually delete the Workflow associated to that record.

I hope it is clarrified.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

My solution is only valid for MDM 5.4. After installing MDM 5.42 the problem does not occur anymore and the issue with deletions works correct like discribed.

So it was an MDM release issue.

Anyway, interesting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

If you are trying to work with workflow on automatic importing there are a couple of configuration you need to set up before it works fine

1) As you said you have given the workflow name in the import manager config options that means you are trying for automatic import in this case check to see that you MDIS is configured properly or not.

2) In the workflow table you need to set the properties correctly such as, set the trigger action to Record Import this will run your workflow each time a record is imported.

3)Set the Worflow as Active

4)Set the launching to immediate this will launch th eworkflow immediately as your rrecord gets into Data manager.

If all these options are set right then I dont think there is any reason your workflow for Record import should not work

Hope it helps

Reward points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto