cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created characteristic value via RSA1 (RSDMD). I started created CVC but this value is not seen in the drop down while creating CVC. What could be the reason?

Thank you for the help.

Regards

Pratap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do the consistency check of time series.

While creating the CVC you may have not ticked on syncronized in timeseries option.

After running the report of timeseries consistency check you will able to see the CVC

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you have entered the characteristic in the MPOS first before trying to use it while creating the CVC.

-Srinidhi

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you go to transaction RSA1 and go to the infoobject in question by double-clicking. There are three tables mentioned under Master data/texts tab. Can you make sure all the three tables have the char value you want?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BW / BI they call info objects:

and info objects are further divided into characteristics/ key figures.

If you have created a cube and in the cube did you create dimensions?? because dimensions are those where you represent your characteristics.

create atleast one dimension say product and another for location.

then start adding characteristics to the dimension.

hope this helps.

Regards,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may require to run Consistency check for timeseries..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Put this question also in the BI forum, they might be able to help you further more regarding BI objects.

Once you create an info object if it is a characteristic or a key figure it will only appear if it is active. you might have to create a transport to make an info object active.

Check if the transport created has the correct objects in them.

Let us know if you still need any assistance.

Thanks,

Mythilee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not a new infoobject. This is just the characteristic value.

Regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you active the characteristic after creating it, the status of it should be showing as "Active, executable".

Regards

Ian