cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling RFC from UDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to call an RFC from an User Defined Function and would just like to know whether there are a better\easier way to perform this function as part of the latest releases of XI\PI. I found the document called: "Mapping lookups – RFC API" which is very useful, but it was released on 16 Aug 2005 and if there are newer better ways to perform this function I would like to know.

Thanks

Rudi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check this

Hope helps

Tanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

What is ur requirement. Do u want to get RFC response from the R3 system and send that response to a file.

If this is ur requirement then u can do it with BPM and without BPM.

Refer the below weblog:

With BPM

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Without BPM:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file(Without%2bBPM)

Thnx

Chirag

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, thanks for all your responses, I am on PI 7.0 SP12, so it looks like I will have to use the old way of doing an RFC Lookup. I will certainly see if we can upgrade to PI 7.1

For some reason I cannot see the radio buttons to award points, will do so as soon as it is working again.

Thanks again.

Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To call the RFC in UDF is the only option now to do. In PI7.1 mapping itself they are providing the RFC and JDBC lookups.

lookups in xi

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1...

Lookups

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

/people/francesco.bersani/blog/2007/03/05/data-lookup-optimized

/people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/30/wrapping-your-mapping-lookup-api-code-in-easy-to-use-java-classes

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Use this crazy piece for any RFC Mapping Lookups!

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

SAP XI Lookup API

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Lookup’s in XI made simpler

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rudi,

if you are using XI 3.0 and PI 7.0 you need to go RFC lookups,you need to get the channel dynamically and call the respective RFC.

in PI 7.1 we got a RFC lookup and jdbc LOOKUPS in graphical mapping directly.

our lives gonna be simple with PI 7.1.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Edited by: rama krishna talluri on Mar 4, 2008 4:53 PM