cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid Duplicate Records in a Qualified table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I found a problem with duplicate records in MDM in conjunction with Qualified tables.

In most cases it is not allowed to have duplicate records in a qualified table for one record in a main table.

But MDM allows that.

Lets take for example the CUSTOMER repository.

We have the qualified table "Credit Cards". It is possible to create for customer XY the same entries twice or more times (Card Number, Name of Cardholder, Valid from, etc.) This should not be possible.

Is there any chance to avoid these duplicate records in a qualified table?

Kind reagrds,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Your observationa are correct.

But this is how MDM qualifier table works.You must create a lookup table as a qualifier table only when your requirement is such that you need multiple values pertaining to a single record.

A qualifier table is always Multivalued so this means that it will allow multiple values for a single record.

Eg: In material master we have a field as Alternate unit of measure this works in such a way that for a single record can have multiple AuM,So we can make this as a qualifier and everytime we select a AuM based on that value it will select the other field values.

So if you have such a req then make that field as Lookup Qualifier else try to modify your design to a lookup flat.

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simona,

I wonder if Peter is referring to the situation where the same non-qualifier value appears more than once for a product. I have a qualified table for Packaging Info, with Package Level as the non-qualifier (values are in a lookup table). The idea is to store case, box, pallet information for the product if it is available at that level. If I am not careful, I can end up with more than one "CS" (case) record for a single product.

Regards,

Bruce

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Unique property of fields in Console to make this possible.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

The unique property is only for a single field, not for the whole record in the qualified table.

But there are case where I want to have the whole record in a qualified table as unique.

And to my knowledge this is not possible in MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you think qualifiers also become unique then its not possible, but you can create Non-qualifier as unique using that property. and in actual only non-qualifiers are stored in qualified lookup record.

Yes you are right you can't achieve pure unique record in MDM, but in my knowledge no record maintains all fields as unique and primary key. So you can just try it.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's sum up: it is not possible to make a record in a qualified table unique.

Thanks for all your contribution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope SAP will supply a uniqueness option for qualified links soon. We have this requirement in our project as well. And there is no other way to do it, i.e. how could you change your data model?