cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECM - Approval Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I was trying to implement the ECM along with BW in our training server. Whenever i click the item in Business Workplace, it is opening the ECR and there i am performing the action for approval. But in this process, after completing the action Approve ECR, it is giving the action buttong next to Convert ECR, which has to be performed by another person. How i can restrict the user not to do other actions other than the approval of the action assigned in the item.

If i dont use the Business Workflow, how exactly i can use the Distribution for this approval process.

regards,

rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to use digital signatures and assign it to the status Convert ECR, so that the status is not set unless someone provides the digital dignature.

Then give the authorisation for the digital signature only to the concerned person.

The other person would not be able to perform the action as he would not be authorised.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I dont think Digital Signature is the correct option for this problem. The pupose of digital signature is one more level of approval process. Also it involves two level configuration, one at workflow level and other at Digital Signature level.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya that's true that you need to do approval twice , but as far as I know you can't have authorisation control on the various statues of the ECR as you have in DIR. Hence digital signatures would be a good solution to prevent some one from changing status.

Regards

Abhishek