cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Local user for Client Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are currently upgrading to MI 7.0 SP13.

My question is on the log-on screen of the MI on the client side :

Our technical people would like me to customise the client interface. They feel that it would not be wise to let the users of the devices have to keep creating Local Users ("New User" button) for a device. These user details should "be there" when the user logs on.

How do I do this? Can I edit the User.dat file in the MI cab? This is a binary file though...

Any advice?

tks

Christiaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan

MI provides a feature to disable the New User button after the user has been created. You have to set the parameter MobileEngine.JSP.LoginPage.DisplayNewUserButton=false in the MobileEngine.config file. For more information please refer to the following [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/f5afac76346c32e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps and fulfils your requirement.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you S,

I am aware of this option though.

The thing is, is that this will only disable the button. These users are all remote though..

When we deploy all the .cab files to their devices, we will not be the ones to create local user entries personally.

What needs to happen, is when these .cab files get installed remotely, users should ALREADY exit.

Im sorry if i dont sound clear enough. Please let me know.

tks

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you already want to create users on the device before rolling our the cab files, then you need to use the concept of Setup Package. By using this, you can create a user, get the device id, install the application and also optionally download the data for the user. All this can be done by the administrator and finally he can hand over the cab file which has all this info already built in and the end user can directly start using the client. For more info on this, please refer to this[link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/04/36a442d173b111e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Also there is another way to make sure multiple users are not created on the client. If you set the property MobileEngine.UM.SingleUserMode=true then no more than one user can be created on the client device.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (0)