cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting automated alerts of SM58 tRFC errors

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Sometimes tRFC queue entries stop with errors. You need to monitor the queues with SM58. You also can execute program RSARFCEX to re-execute stopped queue entries.

So far so good.

But SM58 must be started manually by admin person. Maybe admin is busy/on holiday or sometimes ignorant of these problems. Errors could stay for ages...

RSARFCEX can be started in background. But if nobody reads the logs...

Is there an alert/agent mechanism like in IDOC handling for tRFC problems?

I mean in case of queue entries stay in error for longer period ( or for all errors ), admin could receive alert notification by email ( or in consolidated controlling systems like Control-M or Tivoli raising an alert ) .

This question is not exactly XI question, but general EDI messaging question. For my case the tRFC queues are going to XI. We found fault entries there and started to wonder how the monitoring of SM58 should be organized. Customer has little admin resources and may forgot to execute SM58.

br: Kimmo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kimmo,

CCMS is the answer i believe....

Try look at transaction RZ20 (CCMS Monitor), select (open) the "SAP CCMS Monitors for Optional Components" monitor, there is a ALE/EDI monitor. Under the "ALE/EDI <your SID> (<your XI-client>) <your XI-systems log.sys>" tree you will find a "SAP All IDOC 7 days" monitor and a "SAP ALL / 1 hour waited" monitor. Under the "tRFC Queue SAP...." you will se the count of waiting / error entries from SM58....

Generally these monitors can / are generate "Alerts" (green / yellow / Red) based on "Threshold values" that again can be populated on mail or to the Alert management by help of autoreaction methods.

How to do this is described in the online documentation (or ask your Basis people).

I hope this can give a hint on where to go...

Regards

Rolf

Answers (0)