cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple how-to guide for BI-IP function type exit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The existing documents for configuring and developing a BI-IP exit function are either too generic or discussing about a single case details. I've gone through the following:

- How to Create a Planning Function in Business Intelligence Integrated Planning that Calls BPS Exits.pdf

- Implementing Planning Function Types http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/332530c1b64866e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

- How to Load a File into BI-Integrated Planning Version 2.4 Feb 2008.pdf

- Getting Improved Performances in BW-BPS BI-IP When Using Enhancements Trough the ABAP Technology (Exits and Classes).pdf

What I'm missing is a step by step guide for configuration and development from scratch with an easy example, e.g. copy reference from a standard cube and revaluate the data by some factor.

Is there such?

Thanks!

Aki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Aki,

sorry, but I don't know an easy how-to-guide, but it may be a useful way for you to have a look at the standard function type 0RSPL_REVALUATION. It is implemented with the class CL_RSPLFC_REVALUATION.

Take a look at the class in transaction SE24 and you will see, that the implemented methods "INIT_EXECUTION" and "EXECUTE" are not very difficult. In the first method, the parameters are catched and the second method revaluates the data.

Changing of data in a planning function can be done be changing the content of parmeter-table "c_th_data" - typically in a loop. The table "c_th_data" is part of planning buffer.

Copy the class and create your own function type similar to 0RSPL_REVALUATION. Then you can include a break-point in your coding and execute a planning sequence with the programm RSPLS_PLSEQ_EXECUTE. Debugging the methods is an appropriate way to understand their functionality.

Hope that helps a bit...

regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

Yes, I got it work. Maybe it took a few hours more, but it was an interesting learning experience. Setting the parameters in RSPLF1 was a little bit difficult since we hadn't the standard revaluation function type in place, but also that was clear when carefully reading through the class.

Aki

Answers (0)