cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery and billing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a very typical problem in my client side.

My client has a order for only Material A - 500 qts.

But he has in stock only 450qts of Material A.He has deliver it immediately. So he delivered 450qts of material A and 50qts of material B. Stock is also reduced respectively for Material A n Material B. While doing delivery, in delivery he mentioned only one material i.e. material A but deliver both the materials. And in Invoice also he mentioned only price of material A for 500qts. Nowhere its is mentioned that Material B is delivered or invoiced.In order also there is only Material A is mentioned.But if u see the finished goods stock statement than only u can distinguished.

How to map these scenarios.

How I will do order,delivery and invoice.

Reward points for helpful answer.

Ashis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use the concept of Higher level Item category

First of all , let us understand one thing , if this situation arision first time in your company , I* appreciate the question

But if it is out of our imagination,

such business process will be mapped carefully during implementation.

You can create Material A as higher level Item category and B as lower level item category.

for 9 material of A , one Material of B is used as lower level item category

with thjis only billing is done for Material A

Delivery will be done for Material A and Material B

as your delivery notes are already implemented , then you will get only Material A printed on your delivery note.

Hope it solves your query

Regards

KRSNA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

first, a question to you. how is Material B similar to Material A that customer accepts this? of is your client willing to change the way to do his business?

nevertheless, there are many ways to do this:

1. process sales, delivery and billing as if you only had Material A. there are 450 units of Material A and 50 of B. internally, when the system sees a requirement of 50 more for A, you can configure in MM that 50 of B will be transferred to A (material to material posting). this, of course, assumes that A and B are very similar in nature. price differences can be settled in the background.

2. you can use SAP Standard automatic material determination. the system will try to fulfill the customer's orders for material A. when A runs out, the system will fulfill the balance using B. however, the documents will show 450 A and 50 B.

i hope this helped you.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnx for ur reply.

But can u elaborate it little more.

I could not get u.

Regards

Ashis

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

How its possible in SAP, w/o entering Mat-B,how can the user deliver and invoice for that mat?

if yes, can u plz bit more elaborate-

i didnt come across this kind of scenario ever.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

i will elaborate first on item #2. you use VB11 to create material determination condition records. in general, what this means is if you enter material A in the sales order will change this automatically to material B. this can be done in several ways:

1. enter A, system will change all to B

2. enter A, system will process A until all stocks used up, the balance to be filled with B

3. enter A, system will change to B, when B is all used up system will change back to A

if your company decides to use material determination, it will meet your requirements except that it will reflect the actual materials delivered in the documents, and will not show everything as A.

now we go to issue #1. when you process the order for 500 units of A, the system will confirm for 450 and report a shortage of 50. if you activated MRP and do t-code MD04, the shortage will show up in this worklist. now, you can do an MM transaction to transfer 50 units of B out of inventory and into A, in effect a material-to-material transfer. this can be done using, i believe, MIGO or MB1C and specifying the movement type appropriate for this transaction. any inventory valuation differences can be settled in the background depending on FI and MM settings. this will fulfill your requirements of presenting and pricing only A in your SD documents. sorry, i only know this superficially and cannot elaborate further.

regards.