cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a custom login module, which seems to work.

I have logging going out to the sap logs, and it passes the authentication, but seems to fail on something called 'Central Checks', which I assume is checking the UME.

My login module is set to SUFFICIENT in the config, and I dont want it to check any SAP source for authentication, just my db / rules.

The log files show:

LOGIN.FAILED

User: Morty

Authentication Stack: sap.com/mortyEAR*morty

Login Module Flag Initialize Login Commit Abort Details

1. com.morty.login.ExampleLoginModule SUFFICIENT ok true true true

Central Checks exception Wrong username password combination.

So obviously it passed mine, but failed on the central checks.

Is there a flag or anything i can set to ensure that it doesnt check in the UME?

Regards,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Please have a look at this [thread|; - it deals with exactly the same issue. Especially Stephan's comments should be helpful to you.

HTH!

\-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vladimir!

It definately has helped.

Just to confirm, the UME cannot be 'de-activated', but we could add in another UME store to be used as a parallel store, but ultimately the user and password has to be maintained in the UME.

Does this not make any web applications, 'sap-specific' in the case of login?

Regards,

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, it seems from the documentation on NW 7.1 that the datasource would need to be an LDAP server.

Is this correct. From the documentation its not exactly clear how you would setup another database to be used for UME, and I take it that it would have to adhere to a particular table structure, to be used with UME?

Regards,

Andrew

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am not quite sure what you mean here. The UME can use an LDAP, an AS ABAP, or the database of the AS Java as the data source. Why are you restricted to an LDAP?

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I can tell, you do have the choice of AS Java, LDAP or ABAP for authentication on the UME.

Howevere, if you want to have more than 1 datasource for authentication, then ldap is the only one that supports that.

Is that correct? Or can you have more than 1 (eg Oracle) db to be used for UME?

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Now I see what you mean. In that you are more or less correct. If for example, you install an AS Java with a database as the source, create a few users in the database and then connect an LDAP, those users in the database are still available.

-Michael

Answers (0)