cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Classic Scenario not creating backend PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are just starting with SRM (Using SRM 5.0 SRM Server 5.5) and trying to decide to use Classic or Extended Classic.

I can get the Classic working were an approved SC creates a backend PO without any problem. However when I switch on Extended Classic the backend PO is not created from an apporved SC.

In RZ20 my error is Shopping cart 1000000080 (PReq. 😞 BBP_BD 002 Buffer table not up to date and Table BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB is empty

In config I activated the extended classic scenario as well as activating the backend purchasing groups as responsible. Under sourcing I also defined for the relevant product categories as "1 - Sourcing Never Carried out"

Am I missing something obvious??

Many thanks for any help.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

In Extended Classic Scenario the Leading P.O will be in SRM only a copy of it will get transferred to back end R/3 which can be only viewed using ME23N txn.

So once approved the Shopping cart should create a P.O in SRM if the SC has an assigned source of supply as the Sourcing condition is Sourcing Never carried out otherwise the P.O will be craeted in Held status.

So please let us know whether any follow on document is created for that SC in SRM or not to help you further on this issue.

And get in touch with your BASIS guys to update the Buffer tables. mean while use SWU_OBUF txn. and synchronize run time buffer.

Please get back to us by checking the above points. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

THanks for your reply

I should have clarified to say that that no follow-on documents have been created in SRM - the PO is neither in SRM or R/3.

I've already spoken to BASIS guys who have assured me there is no issue with table buffering.

Any other ideas?

thanks

Daniel

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the exact dump extract in ST22 ?

Please post content (first 10 pages)

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann

I'm not getting an ST22 short dump nor is there anything in SM21.

THanks

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

In reference to the info. you have provided, it looks like you have not switched to Extended Classic Scenario properly.

Once you say you are on ECS, the P.O should get created in SRM and the copy of it should get replicated to R/3.

As you said you have flagged both the check boxes in SPRO for ECS activation, try activating sourcing also.

SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM Server > Sourcing > Choose one Product category for which you want to create shopping cart and set the setting as " Sourcing Always carried out".

Check whether the approved shopping cart is coming to Sourcing cockpit or not.And from there try to create a P.O by assigning vendor.

Also ensure that no BADI is activated which converts ECS to Classic scenario for the Product category you have choosen.

If this cycle woks then definitely what you require will also work.Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

Many thanks for your reply

You are right - when I select "2 - Sourcing always carried out" this works. I go to the sourcing cockpit and create the PO and this is great!

THis half solves my problem. I realise what is causing my error but not why.

When I create a shopping cart for a product category whose sourcing is "1 - Sourcing never carried out" and this Shopping Cart has a vendor assigned to it (automatically assigned from the vendor list) then this SC falls over. If I change the sourcing to "3 - Sourcing carried out for items without ass'd source of supply" then the SC produces a purchase requisition instead of a purchase order as I would expect. I obviously don't want purchase requisitions when the source of supply has been correctly assigned. This may be a different issue. If you have any ideas please let me know but I will work on to try and solve this

regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually when I do spme more testing and I realise that actually setting sourcing as "3 - Sourcing carried out for items without assd source of supply" will work for me. Having it set at "1 - Never carry out sourcing" for vendor assigned SC's was causing me my problems.

Many thanks for all your help

Daniel

Answers (0)