cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageArea UI Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed one application to display error messages. I developed this one without using MessageArea UI.

It is working fine. Now I want to display these messages using MessageArea. What are the changes I need to do to acheive this?

Regards

Vallabhaneni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just insert child of messagearea ui element type. Nothing else you need to do.

All the messages will come in that area automatically.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can have a Text Element UI Element and map a context variable of type string and align the text element. The error message that you are getting must be assigned to the attribute of the context variable and hence you can have a message area and display the Error messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vallabhaneni,

You don't have to do anything with MessageArea Except include that UI element in to your view. All the Messages will be displayed over that control on runtime.

Regards

-Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At design time of your view add the messagearea UI at a location where you want to display messages.

No changes in the code.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vallabhaneni,

U need to go to the Layout tab of your View, and add a messageArea element ( by InsertChild ) under your RootContainer. The exception/error messages will be automatically displayed there.

If you are using MessageArea in any popup / external window, destroy the popup /external window after its use.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh