cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing sender port in IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to change the sender port in XI (name of the XI-System is CXE) to ZSAPCXE.

I have successfully done the mapping of the IDOC header field (populating the field SNDPOR with ZSAPCXE).

Now i have started my test scenario - sending an IDOC from source system...

In transaction SXMB_MONI i can see, that the mapping was ok (<SNDPOR>ZSAPCXE</SNDPOR>).

But if i start transaction WE02 in the target sytem the port of the incoming IDOC is SAPCXE. What is the problem?

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

This is SAP default, you cannot change the Sender Port. Sender port is always formed with SAP and system ID, it is somewhere in the SAP function module MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

So you say, there is no chance to change the sender port?

But why is in transaction WE02 in the target system the inbox port automatically set to SAPCXE?

Is there a user exit for the function module MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE or anything else available?

Is there a chance to change the sender port in the target system before processing begins automatically?

Is there no option within XI to overwrite the default?

I cant believe that...

Thanks for any ideas

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the purpose for predefining the sender port in XI by SAP?

If i use standard idoc proccessing i am free in choosing sender and receiver port -> transaction WE19 (IDOC test tool)!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Did you make the relevant changes in IDX1 and IDX2 transaction of the XI box as well.

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Honestly, i dont know where this SAPCXE port is coming from. Neither SAPCXE nor ZSAPCXE entries are defined in transaction IDX1 or IDX2 - for what purpose should that be useful??? I have the port for the target system maintained in transaction IDX1 and IDX2 of course.

So the scenario itself works fine, only the senderport is still incorrect.

Any ideas?

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

SAPCXE gets defaulted by the system based on the log in credetials supplied in the integration builder.

for example: we have an IDES system to connect from XI and the name of the IDES system is IDS. So if I look at my IDocs in WE02, it shows me SAPIDS. And if it is thro XI, then I can see my XI system as SAPC16.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks,

Bhaskar