Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material does not exist or activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Kindly help me about my problem.

Im using the BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE in order for me to create PR in ME51N..my main problem is when i tried to execute the bapi in se37 and input the data like pr number, plant etc all the required fields...importation of record is ok..but once i tried to execute the bapi in the program...an error message appear "Material does not exist or is not activated" how come it happens when i tried to input the same data with the same material number but different pr number...but once i tried to insert the data using the bapi...record is inserted successfully ....How can I solve this?

Please help..will reward points..

Thanks in advance

aVaDuDz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your input for PR creation through BAPI.What i think is that in material number field of PR some wrong value is being inserted.System is trying to match the input of the material number field with the MARA table material number field.But since wrong number is feeded in the PR, system is giving error message.

It is understood from the message that what ever the input is given in the material number field is not existing in MARA table.

This message comes when we give a wrong material number which is not created.

regards,

rambhupal reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rambhupal reddy,

This is the actual scenario..first thing i tried to input my data in se37 using BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE and input for example the pr number a123 etc...after that execute and record is inserted in me51n..next i tried to use BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE in my program..and pass the same data i used in pr 123 exactly the same data but the new pr number is pr 124..but it returns.system error "material does not exist or activated" im quite confused regarding this error...i tried to use exactly the same data in se37 using the bapi..but when i tried to insert in the program using the bapi..that is the error..is there i need to convert the data when passing in the table of bapi?or format?

Please help..will reward points

Thanks in advance

aVaDuDz