cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP does not behave as expectedu0085.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a situation where our customers receive broken pallets of our products, leading to frustration on their part.

The expectation is that if the customer orders in “Full” pallets, he should also receive the goods in “Full” pallets.

The simple example below highlights the issue:

In the material master for product XXXX, the Basic UOM is defined as Pieces (PC) with alternative UOM Pallet (PAL) as 50 Pieces.

The current available stock in warehouse is 70 pieces or 1, 4 pallets.

The sales order line item indicates a quantity of 4 Pallets. Here the sales unit is clearly set as PAL by the order clerk (pallet is the unit in which the customer should receive the goods).

After executing the ATP check, the system returns with the 1st schedule line with a confirmed quantity of 1,4 pallets and delivery date of today and the 2nd schedule line with a delivery date of sometimes in the future and the remaining confirmed quantity of 2,6.

Further processing of the 1st schedule lines (i.e. delivery, transfer order, goods issue, etc.) will lead to the customer receiving a partial shipment of 1,4 pallets. This is against the customer’s expectation of receiving “Only Full Pallets”.

ATP should refrain from confirming partial (broken) pallets whenever possible. Setting up rounding profiles also offers no solace since they have no impact on confirmed quantities.

A solution is most appreciated!

S Jahromi

SD Senior consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

here are some possible solutions:

1. do not allow decimals in units of measure (so you will not have 1.4 pallets, only 1 or 2)

2. specify 'delivery unit' in material master, sales org 1 view (entry of '50 pieces')

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In checking rules and calculation of the requirements, please check if the unit is EA. I think this may be the reason. When you doing AC, the equivalent TOR are happening in EA and then once order is getting CSL as the order has PA, hence converts it to 1.4

We can also put a check at user exit at VA01/02 to have the CSL qty as whole unit.

Hope it helps. Award points accordingly.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Can you please be a bit more specific? Also, I am a bit lost with all the acronymns that you are using (AP = Availability Check, CSL = Confirmed Schedule Line ? TOR= ?), sorry.

What do you mean by "In checking rules and calculation of the requirements, please check if the unit is EA."

In the checking rule for Availability check, I have not seen any specific settings for defining Unit Of Measure.

Thanks - Shariar