cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive RFC model using hrxss_per_init_pernr: Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on ESS 1.0 EP7.0. There is an application by name essusw4. To populate the available subtypes, it uses an RFC called HRXSS_PER_INIT_PERNR.

There is a structure in the Export parameter. This returns a table. Depending on the users, we may have 1 or more records.

In a Stand alone adaptive RFC model application i created

When i import this model in a standalone application, i get to see only 1 record (first record only) in the node though the RFC returns more than 1 record.

WHY is this happening?

In the application in the BP

Though the RFC returns two records for users, i still get only 1 record (this happens only for a selective users, others get all the records as returned by the RFC).

Could you please explain why i get an error as mentioned above (and the solution too)?

Thanks

Regards,

Ak.

PS: Points assured for valuable replies

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

In function module; are you sure that its exporting the entire table or as a structure of TableType.

If we are specifying individual parameters; there is a chance to return only the first record. In order to get the entire table use the export parameter of type TableType.

Regards

- Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod

Thanks for your interest in helping me.

When i run the FM i get a table as the out put. This table has say 2 records. All 2 are shown for some users in the Portal. For certain users, though the table shows 2 records, i get only 1 record on portal.

I tried putting a Message which denotes the size of that output node immediately after the rfc execution. But the output of the node for the second set of users is only 1.

If we are specifying individual parameters; there is a chance to return only the first record. In order to get the entire table use the export parameter of type TableType.

How do i check this? This is a standard RFC (hrxss_per_init_pernr)

Thanks

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

HRXSS_PER_INIT_PERNR RFC has no table parameters ...

you are getting output in Export parameters ... so u will get only one record.

If u have done any changes to this standard RFC and added table parameters then u ill get Multiple records as output.

goto SE37 open HRXSS_PER_INIT_PERNR function module and check what are the entries under Tables tab.

Regards,

Sunitha Hari.

Edited by: Sunitha Hari on Apr 1, 2008 3:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

Thanks for your reply.

The standard Business package application returns 2 values for the table on portal. i can see tax authorities FED and a State as output (same output as the RFC execution in SE37).

But when i try to import this as model in a custom WD application, i get only 1 value for the same input i give in the standard BP. This is the exact problem.

Regards,

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun ,

goto SE37 open HRXSS_PER_INIT_PERNR function module and check what are the entries under Tables tab.

Regards,

Sunitha Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

There is no entry under tables tab.

The output i was referring to is given by the node SUBTYPES and this node is in the Output Tab (not tables) in the RFC.

I need to know how Standard BP is able to give 2 entries but i'm getting only 1 entry for the SUBTYPES node/table for the RFC HRXSS_PER_INIT_PERNR.

Regards,

Ak.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any pointers on this issue?

Regards

Arun.