cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent (Posting Error)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the foll: error while submitting my billing doc to a/cing.

"Valuation with material cost estimate: error with product "MDFI0818301220"

Diagnosis

In Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), the system tried to valuate a line item using the current standard cost estimate.

In order to determine the current plan period, the system needs to read the valuation segment of the material master.

The system has found that the current plan period is not filled forproduct "MDFI0818301220" in plant "1000".

Display material (View: Costing)

The system looked for the material cost estimate using costing key "002", as defined in the Customizing settings for CO-PA.

• This is confusing me so if u guys can help*

Rgds

Sudeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you are getting these messages because CO-PA was activated in your system. you could not post until all the CO settings have been done by the FICO consultant. some of these settings may include:

1. entries in the Costing views in the material master

2. setting up cost estimates for your materials

3. setting up of derivation rules for your materials/material groups, etc.

4. others

in any case, coordinate with your FICO consultant for the proper settings.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what has happened in Real Time is my Client has created the material then made the Order the before Billing he updated the cost in Material Master.

Now how this can be done.

Rgds

Sudeep

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sudeep,

If above doesn't help please try this

Go to VA02 and take the material used in the order and go to MM02 and maintain entries in Accounting 1 tab.

When you go there, maintain Valuation Class and do F1 and click on key sign and say "Continue without specfying project" and select valuation class and assignment and maintain entries there

Try taking help of MM consultant with the same.

I am sure this should solve the problem

Regards

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to FS00 (Edit G/L Account) and assign a cost element to it in Edit Cost Element tab. Based on the name given to this G/L account you could correctly determine which category under which you could create it as a cost element.

Go to VF02, try clicking on the green flag and the system would throw an error.

Anaylze the error and try out transactions OKB9, VKOA to find out whether you have correctly maintained your entries.

Try running transaction FS00 and see whether the G/L accnt used for determination is valid in that particulat Company Code.

Sometimes the error could also be because the G/L accnt might required to be created as a cost element.

Let me know what is the error that you are getting. We can then propose a solution.

Regards