cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding of PO Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have multiple Purchase Requisitions for the same material for different quantities. For eg: PR1 - 10ea, PR2 - 20ea, PR3 - 10ea.

When I combine these 3 PR's into a single PO, the total quantity is 40. but i can buy the material only in multiple of 50's implies, it can be for 50, 100 , 150 or so on ........ i.e. now my PO now should be for a quantity of 50.

How can this be achieved?? If I give the rounding profile, its rounding off for each of the PR's and giving me a PO requirement quantity of 150.

Please suggest me as to how to go about. Points assured

Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

You can do one thing.

your MRP generates three PRs qty 10, qty 20and qty 10 and so on. This is basically you are using lot for lot procedure.

It means system finds there is rquirement for 10qty on one day, 20 on some other day and 10 on next other day and hence creats three PRs.

You know that this material can only be ordered in qty 50 and its multiple only.

You create a static rounding profile and assign it in material master

as below.

1 50

51 100

101 150 and so on.

Remove rounding profile from info record.

Now run MRP. For the first requirement of qty 10, system will create PR for 50 and hnce it will cover the next requirements of 20 and 10pcs.So system will create only 1 PR with 50 which you can easily convert to PO with qty 50.

Try this , you might find some solution.

Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra,

Roundig setting is not for this purpose. Your problem may lie in lot sizing - I mean if you want to merge those PRs you have to set the proper lot size in mmr (if possible), and the roundig up will be valid for the qty of those merged PRs.

MRP uses the rounding settings; when you convert the PRs to PO you cannot use it (according to my best knowledge).

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have tried all the ways but of no result. i dont want to use periodic or any other lot sizes. my requirement is a PR generation of lot-lot order quantity.

i want to combine few PR's and create a PO. if the material has a rounding of 1000 no's. it should convert the total of the few PR's qty into 1000 but not each of it.

Hope you all understood my requirement

Thanks & regards

Chandra

former_member201758
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

If you do not want customized rounding to work in on total PO quantity, please use BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST.

- Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You should also maintain the rounding quantity in the material master for that material. Then it will round of to next higher value as per your rounding quantity. This field is in MRP1 view as 'Rounding Value'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have already done that. I am getting the rounding values for each PR but i want it for the whole PO quantity.

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For cumulating the P.O qty there are two options.

1. In material master mrp 4 view bom explosion - Collective requirements only.

In this case if you create more than one P.R in the same date means system will generate collective P.R.

If req date is different means P.R will create in respective date.

For customer specific sales order also system will not create cumulative P.R

2. Another option: Select lot size WB - weekly basis in mrp 1 view of material master.So system will cumulate one week P.R & round the value as per rounding profile. In this if you want to control the system should create P.R in the period start(week start) or period end means that you can define in tcode OMI4.

Regards,

Dharma