cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local UDDI Registry Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am working in a web application - SAP integration stuff. The version of Netweaver is 2004s. Here most of our scenarios like expose the RFC as a webservice using XI and consume it by the web applications. i came to know about the UDDI local registry stuff in XI. Now i have two options,

1. Define webservice in XI and provide WSDL to the web application team Directly.

2. Define webservice in XI and register it in the local UDDI. Then Let web aplication developers to get the WSDL from the UDDI registry.

i am expecting an expert openion on above two options, which would be more better.

PS: i am new to the XI so please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SIva,

There are a couple of blogs by Naveen addressing UDDI in XI/PI. Search for them and you will get an idea. In our projects, we have so far used option 1. PI 7.1 features UDDI that has a lot more improvements than PI7.0. It makes a lot of sense to go for option 2 while using PI 7.1. But for now (Xi 3.0/PI 7.0) it is better to stick to old methods ie mails. Just read those blogs along with the comments you will get a good idea on this topic.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jaishankar,

I will go through the blogs...

-Siva

Answers (0)