cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting for response coming while accessing sap through sap gui

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i m trying to connect to sap to my bwprd server waiting for response is coming.Its not getting connected.

i am having ibm server and aix os.when i checked through os level file sys and mount points it seems ok.

when i try to stop sap service then also its not getting stopped.i was trying to stop sap service so as i can restart the server.

what to do please help.

my email : santosh.emart17@gmail.com

Regards

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP Note 169924.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this sap note solution is given for "when u trying to connect sap through sap gui,and u get error msg partner not reachable.but my query was different. anyways thanks a lot will looking forward for help in future as well

Thanks n Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your server must be down. Please ask the basis team to restart it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In past some times during same problem we did the same but restarting server i believe not the only way to resolve the issue as i checked through os level as well.

server is up.

for restarting server i need to stop sap service and then stop database as u know.when i trying to stop sap service its not happening. without stopping sap service i can not restart server.

i'll tell u the problem again when i try accessing sap through sap gui following message is coming "waiting for response" no error nothing is coming.

please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

This is because of your memory issue. It will happen rarely i faced the same problem.the problem is that one of my technical consultant he ran a report which consists of infinite loop.So once finsihing the requset it will again take the request. So what i did is that i killed certain work process in OS level using dpmon command.then i amde one request in sapgui and i waited for sometime say 20 min then i logged in the server and i killed all the workprocess which accesing the database. Then please stop the saps ervice and restart the server.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Vijay ur solution worked.I do killed the proccess and then restarted the server and it worked

Thanks N regards

Santosh