cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct print in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

We have a problem in getting prints from F.64.From print preview screen, when I select print button, new spool request is generated and it's going for output device automatically.We don't have proper settings for direct print I hope,it's not printing.At least to print it from SP02, the spool number is not available there,it's getting deleted automatically.Please help where to make settings to avoid direct printing so that we can print from SP02.Our operating system is WINDOWS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

logon in to SAP system open SU01 -> enter user id which perform print -> change -> select default tab

and check under spool control

there are two check box check it.

output immediately -> Select this field to print your spool requests immediately

delete after output -> To delete spool requests immediately after printing, select this field.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal!

Thank you so much . My problem is solved . But I don't know why we are not able to get direct print. Where is it going wrong when the option Print immediately is checked?Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

might be printer configuration have problem?

check in su01 -> user id -> defaults ->

under spool control : OutputDevice -> check which output device is assigned

if you check print immediately the output request is created and try to print on this device

if there is problem with this output device the print is not perform and hence you check delete after output , the spool request is deleted so you can not find the reason for that.

uncheck delete after output so if error occured in print you can identify the problem using sp02

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal!

When we checked Print immediately, SAPLPD is running and giving error BG:saplpd_open_dc failed,msg = 808 SAPLPD :Windows problem,siehe SAPLPD Protokoll.What is this ? How to resolve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transaction SPAD,for the output device you are using check the values entered for fields "Host spool access method" & "Host Printer".

If the access method is "F-printing on frontend", then the expected value for the Host Printer is "__DEFAULT" two underscores

Thanks & Regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u so much Kaushal.

Answers (0)