cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC - Web service BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. I have a scenario where RFC sends a synchronous request to BPM.

2. BPM does transformation and further sends this request to one web service.

3. Web service either returns success response or error message to BPM.

4. BPM again does transformation and stores success response in one container or if response is an error message, then in different container.

5. Next step of BPM is to call next web service.

6. Again repitition of steps 3,4,5.

7. Finally, after calling number of different web services, their respective success responses will be in different containers but all error messages will be in the same container.

8. All these consolidated responses (success as well as errors) have to be sent back to calling RFC.

Can somebody explain me in detail, how to achieve this, which all steps I need to create in BPM?

Thanks & Regards,

-Smita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

Here I am listing some general guidelines which can help you:

1. "Receive" step (mode: Opens Sync/Async Bridge) for receiving request message from RFC (R/3).

2. Use a transformation step within BPM only if you need to combine messages or split messages (1:N or N:1 mapping) or else carry out all transformations within maps defined within Interface Determination (Receiver determination). Probably after receiving a Response message from one Web Service, you may have to use a BPM to construct a Request message using this response message and the original message from RFC.

3. "Send" (Mode : Synchronous ) Step to send message to Web Service.

4. Use "Container operation" step to append Success / Error Messages to a Multiline Success / Error Message - assuming that you will be converting the Web Service response to a generic Success / Error message type.

5. Use "Switch" statement after the Send Step to check for success or Failure condition.

6. At the end, you may use a "Transformation" step to convert multiple Success / Error messages into one Success / Error Message.

7. "Send" Step (Mode: Closes Sync/Async bridge) to send back the response to RFC.

8. Use "Exception" branches to say handle errors within Maps.

Rgds

R Chandrasekhar