cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Err: No customer master record exists for the material xxxxxx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I intended to create an partner determination. I will enumerate step by step the activties that i have done

1. Created new acccount group by copying the standard 0001 sold to party account group

2. Partner determination for customr master record in which i have created the Partner functions by copying the standard SP, SH, BP, PY.

3. Assigned the partner functions to the account group created by me

4. similarly partner procedure was created and partner functions were assigned in the same fashion

5. Later assigned the procedure to my account group too.

Later using this account group i created customer master record for an particular customer.

When i created sale order, after entering the sold to party as the customer created by me using my new account group. System delivers an error that " No customer master record exists for the material xxxxxx".

later my friend asked me to do the partner determination even for the sale document header , item, billilng etc., after which i could be able to process the order but it was not in vain, i couldnt get rid of the error.

Details of the error : Its saying that master record could not be identified for the sold to party entered in the order.

Please helpme out of this mesh.

with regards

K. Arunkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

This was the same error i had faced long time ago. After a lot of fighting i settled down by using SP as one of the partner funtions, and things rolled.

Try it and let me know

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ranjith It happened the same manner as you explained. After assigning the SP partnr function to my newly created partner determination procedure I was able to process sales order and all relevant functions but why it happens so, we use to copy sp and then only create our own partner function for sold to party then why it needs SP to be mentioned inspite of giving the new partner function for sold to party. Please let me know the meaning and the idea behind it.

regards

arunkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for the wrong error statement that I have I mentioned

Actually the error is: No customer master record exists for the sold to party xxxx

sorry for the inconvenience

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLease check if the Customer master - XD02 has been maintained correctly (say partner functions) and also check in VK11 if the customer has been assigned to the material.

Award points if helpful.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arun

Can you please recheck the following in IMG

SD --> Master Data --> Business Partners --> Customers --> Customer Hierarchy --> Set Partner Determination for Hierarchy Categories and check for the following:-

1) Select "Set up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header" and Partner Determination Procedure TA.

2) Double click on "Partner Functions in Procedure"

3) Check for TA - SP is assigned and the two boxes are selected

4) Select Partner Determination Procedure Assignment

5) Check whether your order type is assigned to TA

6) Double click on "Partner Functions" and see for SP, KU is assigned in "Partner Number", 07 in "Error" and the box is selected for "Uniqueness".

7) Double click on "Account Groups - Function Assignment" and see for the partner function SP, the account group you copied from standard (0001) is assigned.

😎 Finally, see for Partner Function AG, SP is assigned alongside.

Though you confirmed, you have done all the settings, I feel there may be chances of missing assignment of some settings in the above area and that is why you are facing the problem.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

mr arun

u r customer and material are not in same sales line i.e, (sales org. + distribution channel.)pl extend any one in to the other sales line and u r problem is solved.

vijaya rajendra.g

Former Member
0 Kudos

seniors please help me so that iam out of this problem Please................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear venkat I have done as you have insisted but still iam in the same mesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you try partner dtmn in this way

1. goto t.code VOPAN select customer and select change tab .

2. select AG copy it and rename it to ur standars enter copy all and save .

3. select ur partner dtmn and select PARTNER DTMN PROCEDURE . go to position and select ur account group and assign ur partner dtmn to that

4. go to account groups function assignment and go to new entries give SP----

UR A/C GRP

BP----

UR A/C GRP

SH----

UR A/C GRP

PY----

UR A/C GRP

ENTER 4 TIMES AND SAVE

THEN CREATE CUSTOMER MASTER AGAIN

TRY IT WILL HAPPEN

AND CHECK THE DIVISION IN THE MATERIAL MASTER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

don't worry, you will solve your problem. maybe soon, maybe longer.

try this... whenever you create a sold-to customer master, the system also automatically creates a customer credit master which you can check using FD32. if your customer has a credit master already created, you have determined that at least your account group has been defined 90% correctly.

now try to check the sales area assignments of your sales document and your customer and see if they match.

then, check if your material has been extended to the compatible sales organization and distribution channel.

test again. let us know what the results are.

regards.