cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of Integration Engine on Application System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know - the use of Integration Engine on Application System.

Any links or docs are appreciated

reg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you talking about SLD configuration??

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Vijay.

Technically...

Let me put it this way, we have some transactions on the application systems such as - sxmb_moni, sldcheck etc...which actually make up the integration engine on the application systems, which is actually different from Integration Server. What is the use of these things that make up the integration engine on the application systems?

My answer for that question would be, -

The integration engine features would actually make it easy for the systems to be integrated using Proxies.

If there are any other answers, I would appreciate that....

Reg,

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Integration Engine is the runtime environment of SAP NetWeaver usage type Process Integration. It controls the messaging process (receiving, processing, and forwarding) to and from the central Integration Server.

I agree with you about the usage to make easy for integration of systems with Proxy. Just extending to it, the integration engine has the task of receiving, processing, and forwarding XML messages.

Event driven Message Processing is also very much possible with Integration engine to control the messaging across the heterogeneous systems

Message Packaging have imporved the performance of message processing using the integration engine.

Plesae let me know if your are looking for any other things about it.

Thanks

Swarup

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The integration engine features would actually make it easy for the systems to be integrated using Proxies.

You are correct here.

The integration engine feature of an R3 helps it to communicate directly with other system though it could be point to point connection. e.g. two R3 systems can communicate with each other using their local integration engine. Thus integration engine just serves as one of the Runtime Components for Application system

Regards,

Prateek

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more use of the these application system making up to the IS which is differenet apart from poxy is the connection bewteen the two systems for executing the interface which is taken care by SLDCHECK

which checks for existience of system in reaching to it in SLD when interface gets execute

Former Member
0 Kudos

1st question.

Has the Integration Engine on the application system all along been around? Or it is created to promote the use XI?

2nd question.

e.g. two R3 systems can communicate with each other using their local integration engine

How does two R3 systems communicate using their local integration engine? For e.g what transaction do they use?

Appreciate any advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has the Integration Engine on the application system all along been around? Or it is created to promote the use XI?

The terms IE and AS are terms used for a SAP client doing certain activity. It's the way you configure the client that it becomes a IE and AS.

The application system is where you business happens and Integration engine is used by XI to communicate to different environment

How does two R3 systems communicate using their local integration engine? For e.g what transaction do they use?

Two R/3 system communicate using IDoc or RFC and if you are using XI they can communicate using Proxies

Regards

vijaya

Answers (0)