cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find WAS ABAP Installation software?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement of installing ABAP Stack on the WAS 6.40 that's already has a Java Stack running on it.

Going through the issues related to this in the forum, I could understand we need to install the ABAP stack first and then Java Stack on WAS 6.40.

<b>But I couldn't find appropriate installation editons for ABAP AS both in SDN and Service Market Place.</b> In order to have a re-installation of the Portal with ABAP+Java Stack.

Currently we have SP12 installed on our portal machine.

Could anybody suggest info in this regard?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

I am not familiar with a portal requiring an ABAP stack. It can connect to different SAP systems which may have ABAP and/or JAVA stacks each.

Do you need the ABAP stack for a new system, or for the portal?

Installation guides can be found at /instguides

CDS and patches at /swdc

You can install multiple SAP systems in one server, but need to be careful. I would advise a senior basis guy to do so, to avoid the new system contaminating the old one.

Regards,

Sanket

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swapna,

do you really need to install the ABAP Stack on the same installation as the already istalled Java Stack?

Consider to install a standalone ABAP stack on another machine, because I suggest you have the portal installed on the Java stack and both installations (ABAP/Java&Portal) use a lot of resources.

the installation medias are available at http://service.sap.com/swdc

in the worst case, you have to re-install your java stack as add-in to the preaviously installed ABAP-stack.

kr, achim