cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jco Connection works on Single server mode, but not over network?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Error - com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'XXXXXX' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'XXXXXX' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections

This is the error at one of the remote machines. The JCo Connection works on the J2EE host system (while testing and pinging under the Single Server mode.)

I believe this error will be rectified if I upgrade to SPS7, but we have certain other considerations that restrict us from doing that.

Could someone please point out the exact location thats responsible for this if possible and maybe I could just upgrade that part and clear this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should consider three things if your java instance is on network.

1. SLD ( check if java instance is listed on SLD and test the connection from portal to SLD.

2. You need an entry in the services files of both the Java and ABAP servers as such:

sapms<SID> 3600/tcp

Remember to always have a blank line at the bottom of the services file!

3. try to add the certificate in portal.

if you can provide with the exact error message it would be easy to help.

Kind regards,

vamsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Checked the SLD.. It has been configured fine and works. No problem here.

2. Entry present in services files.

3. Certificate is also present.

!!

The Exact error message :

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'XXXXXX' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'XXXXXX' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalGetProvider(ProviderFactory.java:191)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.getProvider(ProviderFactory.java:146)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getProvider(DdDictionaryPool.java:97)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:79)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:48)

... 52 more

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was due to the PUBLIC/SPACE logon groups being inactive. Once activated, this issue was resolved.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, Ramanunni

How did u activated the PUBLIC/SPACE logon groups ?

I configured it on "SMLG" transaction (ABAP) but dont know how to activate it.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Walmir,

You may not have access rights, but if I remember right, it can be activated in the SLD. You may want to talk to your admin/basis guy for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramanunni,

In fact im using the ABAP and JAVA Sneak Preview in one machine for learning, then I supose I have all rights (SAP* user) and, unfortunately, I'm my only admin/basis guy.

My doubt is about the procedure to activate PUBLIC/SPACE logon groups. I created PUBLIC group at "SMLG" but what button or option I use to activate it ? Do I have to give more info at "SMLG" transaction ? I use "SMLG" to activate it ?

Really thanks for your help.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to click on the almighty "SAVE" button...

Then logoff and logon again...

Regards

Juan