cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Profile in Item Category Definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Whats the significance of status Profile in Item category definition. Please provide your inputs.

Thanks & regards

Vittal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Status Profile is used to control user statuses.

A status profile is created by the user in general status management.

In a status profile you can: Define the sequence in which user statuses can be activated Define initial statuses Allow or prohibit certain business transaction.

There are two status in SAP. Once is system status and one is user status. This is currently used in my project under service management.

I will give you small example to be very clear.

Consider a product X is having some problem and needs service. So you call a service agent and he creates a notification in SAP (tcode IW51). Now once this is created, the overall completion status of notification like OPEN, closed, in process etc are system status. This can be seen in table JCDS.

Now user status are the customized status client defines if any further transaction according to business process should happen or not. For example, if the unit is out of warranty and he needs a replacement, then customer will need to give money at discounted rate. Now once notification iscreated and there is no payment details, like credit card, the notifcation will go on credit block status which will change to released once payment is done. Now further processing of notification is not possible once this status of blocked changes.

You can see the status profile and it connection to different status in table TJ30 and assigning this status profile in item category will define that item to behave accordingly as item cat are used to define behavior of the item in any document.

This will surely give you a better idea of status profile. Reward accordingly.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks a lot for a brief description of the procedure. This gave me a very good understanding of Status Profiles.

Sadhu,

Thank you for the Link . I went thru it and got good understanding of how status profiles work and how they canbe set.

Regards

SAI

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pl check this

[status profile|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm30/helpdata/en/73/29943a7acb9023e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

regards

sadhu kishore