cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view the sapscript result without directing to Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to ABAP. can any one tell me how to view the sapscript output without redirecting to the printer from an abap program.

Help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

hima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if this field is equal to 'X' while calling the Open_form Function Module.

VALUE(DIALOG) TYPE C DEFAULT 'X'

This allows you to see the print preview.

Thanks,

Vamshi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thank you very much for your quick response. Thanks for the answer.

-Hima

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are several ways you can view the output of the SAPscript, without redirecting it to the printer.

1. You can directly view the output using Menu --> Utilities --> Printing Test --> give the default printer as LP01 and click Print Preview button, that should give you the print preview of the SAP Script.

2. You can execute the the driver program, if it is a custom program (Z program) then execute the program, it will give you an option of selecting printer,, give the printer as LP01 and select print preview.

lets say you are trying to view the purchase order "Zmedruck", the driver program for the same can be found using the transaction code NACE. or else you can execute the transaction code ME23N, There you will find a button called "Print Preview" Click that to preview your SAP Script. Menu --> GoTo --> Print Preview.

Similarly you will find options to view your sap script in almost all the standard transactions where you are using your SAP Script.

If you need further information,, give me a mail at shrikant@techmagix.com

if found useful, don't forget to reward points.

Thanks-

Shrikant