Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro and Portal

Peter_Lintner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Do I need to use SAP-Portal for WebDynpro-Applications or is it possible, to use no portal for these applications.

I can't find the definitve answer anywhere!

Thanks for any help!

Regards

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Web Dynpro is SAP's solution for developing Web applications and therefore also the strategic approach to develop portal content. The portal content (iViews and iFrames) can also be built of Html for Business (HTMLB) components for example, which may have been created by the SAP Visual Composer.

A Web Dynpro application is primaryly designed to run standalone without the portal infrastructure around it. On the other hand it's easy to integrate a WD app into the portal lateron. So <b>definitely</b>, you don't need a portal to run a WD app.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefen,

Sorry to jump on to this. If this can be a standalone does this dependent on the SAP version ?. We have 46c with EP5.0 ( latest patch ) and wondering if we could develop webdynpro applications with our scenario !

Thanks

Swami Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swami,

this depends on the version of the Java WebAS, which is delivered with the EP. If it's a 6.30 or higher, Web Dynpro should be available. I don't know, which version is included in your EP 5.0 and the latest patch. If it's still a 6.20, then it's not possible.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast reply Stefan.

Swami Bala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

you can of course use Web Dynpro without a portal. Think of Web Dynpro as just another way to write web applications like you can do with JSPs/Servlets.

The default URL for a Web Dynpro app. is:

http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/<web dynpro project name>/<web dynpro application name>

Regards

Helmut