cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO data in WD application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain me the concept of "USER MAPPING" JCO and how it is different from the concept when we want to send the user logon data (like client, user ID and Password) via the WD application.

I have a WD application in which I am using the JCO API to get the connection to the R/3 system and fetch the data. Do I need to necessarily define a JCO for this application (while importing Model)?

The r/3 user ID for this user has be hardcoded in WD application and not maintained in the portal User Mapping screen.

Any help in this direction will be appreciated.

Regards

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

We had a requirement in which we wanted to multiple J2EE users to use the same R/3 User.

We had a detailed discussion on this with SAP here in Singapore. The outcome was that we are not supposed to use it since it voilates the User license agreement.

We have asked for a official note asking "What are the scenarios in which we should use User Mapping?" and waiting for the same.

Hence we should not use the "User Mapping" for above described scenarios.

You need to define a JCO Connection while importing the model because otherwise you cannot create a model. At runtime it use the connection details from this JCO. Anyways you can change the name of the JCO in the model later.

Also I think its possible to create your own JCO and use it at runtime by changing the JCO name linked to the model.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I agree that we should not use single R/3 ID for multiple J2EE users. In our case also we have one to one mapping. It is just that this mapping is stored in R/3 and not in portal UME.

I am able to fetch the mapped ID for this current user from R/3 and now I want to use this R/3 ID to connect the application, which is going to get me the data.

I am using the code to make a Direct Connection using JCO.Client object but it gives the error everytime I try to execute it. I have removed the original (User-Password) JCO which I assigned to the WD application while importing the model as I using the direct connection.

Any idea about the direct JCO connection?

Regards

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

I have not tried this.

But I think there is a work around.

Try the tutorial given here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/d2/561106b8b3bc449f890cddfdc8d3e2/content.htm

In this they are directly executing the BAPI. So you can execute your BAPI as described in this tutorial and then copy the result to a Value Node of the BAPI type.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shubham