cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging & Encryption ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have a synchronus proxy-soap scenario and the data is credit card data and the requirement is it should not be persisted anywhere in XI.

I have have truned off the logging for synchronus messages in sxmb_adm but in the case of failed messages the data will be stored in the database and it is required for support.

Is there any posssible encryption technique we can use just for the failed messages before storing into the database. we need to encrypt just the credit card number and cvv code and not the whole message.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

XML Encryption can be done using web services security in SAP NetWeaver XI

Refer

/people/aparna.chaganti2/blog/2007/01/23/how-xml-encryption-can-be-done-using-web-services-security-in-sap-netweaver-xi

/people/aparna.chaganti2/blog/2007/01/23/how-xml-encryption-can-be-done-using-web-services-security-in-sap-netweaver-xi

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for the reply and the useful links,

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also try the following

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-controlling-access-to-sensitive-interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guru and the link was interesting

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is another option of achieving the encryption using adapter module. U may call the free libraries of PGP encryption in the adapter module both for sender and receiver side module

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I am using Proxy - Soap. can you explain more how can i acheive in this type of scenario.

Thanks,

Srini

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops. At the sender side, adapter module would nt be possible. But u may remember this approach for future use

For ur case, u may have a look at the SAP notes specifically for credit card detail encryption - 397175, 662340, and 633462.

Regards,

Prateek