Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop-down List - dynamic entry list

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you help me to solve my problem. I've created new application in VC and I need to use drop-down list with dynamic entry list. I created it with following parameters:

List scope: Dynamic

Data Service: WEB_BANK_GET_COUNTRIES

Input Port: empty (the FM doesn't use input port)

Output Port: Value=@LAND1, Text=@LANDX

If I compile the application as flash, everything works fine. But if I compile it as web dynpro, drop-down box is always empty.

Do you have any idea where could be problem?

Moreover I found following message in defaultTrace file:

.... Can't find bundle for base name <<myAppName>>.Translations_Default, locale en ....

Do you thing it relates with the that?

Thank you in advance for every advice!

Regards,

Zbynek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WD Runtime will nto support all the features thats y Flex is more usefulthan WD.

I think Dropdwon list control is not supported in WD.

Regards,

GOVINDU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

now I have to learn norwegian...

WebDynpro supports dropdownlists that is not the problem, but Webdynpro only supports Webservices as Data Service and you have written that you use an ABAP RFC function module.

You have to encapsulate your RFC into a webservice and then use your webservice in your webdynpro application.

If you have never done this before then have a look into [the Weblog of Thomas Jung - Develop a Web Service that sends an Email.|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3329] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Check also this [ Wiki page.|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/pages/viewpage.action&pageid=18947]

Best Regards,

Marcel

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Now I'm sure how it is. Also thank you for the link to bypassing the problem.

Zbynek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zbynec and Hans Petter (velkommen som VC utvikler - Norwegian for welcome as a VC developer).

Up til now Flex has supported more functionality than WD. I would recommend you stick to Flex unless anyone else can document that VC has matured so as WD also is a viable runtime choice.

Henning Strand

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd be very interested if you found a solution to this problem! Having the issue here as well. The logs keep filling up with this errormessage making troubleshooting a living hell...

.: HP