cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Volumes in CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the the typical data volume that the CIF can support in an SNP environment? Do you have numbers or documentation supporting this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have transferred mass volumes of data throught the CIF. I would agree with doing a sizing of your requirements to determine the size of hardware which will be required.

But if you are looking at all out volume I have transferred upwards of 300K products in one model before the CIF will stall or timeout. I would not recomend this but it can be done.

A few years back I did multiple benchmarks for all models and found out exactly what volumes could be successfully transferred and at what volumes.

The key is to keep your models simple and to use upwards of 14 models for master data and 7 models for transactional data of course if you have very large volumes there are techniques for making the initial transfer; but then in the production environment have it limited to the above forementioned.

When it comes to block sizing I have tested this extensively too and smaller sizes are not always faster nor are larger. It take careful tweaking.

I hope this helps.

Geoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

am not sure if you should be really worried about the volume of CIF data that is handled..... if you are going to integrate ECC to APO and have to pass the relevant planned data to and fro

what would be more relevant would be the speed with which it can transfer and how much your cif queues pile up and how long it takes to clear

this can be then sized and by working on the number of blocks and the number of parallel processing profiles associated to the CIF. you can then use volume testing tools to see peak time load and try to optimize the processing profiles and blocks used

i never get to see how much passes my CIF queue - it clears before i can see

ps for somnath: you ve changed a lot mate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all !

It has given me a few pointers about how to proceed . I will revisit this again!

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjini,

Your question is ambiguous. What do you mean by the volume of data handled by CIF in a SNP environment. Take a look at transaction C3 in R/3 system used to define the Block Size and Filter Settings for different master and transaction data objects you want to CIF from R/3 to APO.

These settings determine the number of objects (like products) that are put in each CIF queue when appropriate Integration Model is activated.

Is this what you are looking for?

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me explain what I meant. I am aware of the possibilities of using the C3 transaction.I however wanted to know what are the data volumes that CIF has taken up based on your experiences when you have implemented them with several customers. I know that CIF can handle hundreds of thousands of records.

I wanted to know what data volumes you guys have worked with in your implementations . Ofcourse assuming that we have all the required hardware in place.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot recall exact numbers but total number of manufacturing plants were 25, DCs 100, products per location about 500+, per inhouse manufactured product on average 3 production versions.

If you have many products then its better to have integration models by location (one set for each manufacturing plants).

Check out the second-last paragraph of [this blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5421] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

That is a simple question but I am afraid it is rather a complex answer that really depends on the size of your servers. The sizing algorithmn in the Quiksizer for APO involves a few questions on this part and then determines the processor required in both systems. The parameters for this include numbers of sales orders, number of manfacturing orders, number of purchase orders etc passed between systems.

The best way to check your systems limitations is to answer the questions in the Quiksizer and then get your hardware partner to check the results of this against your server size. This should answer if they are large enough to take the data volumes you require.

[Quicksizer Page on SAP Service Marketplace|http://service.sap.com/quicksizer]

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ian. That gave me a place to look at for my analysis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranjini....

the best way to know the answer is to go to the help.sap.com and check the Integration of APO with R/3 part. This will give you a very broad understanding.

Regards,

Marvin