cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mvmt UU to QI with QM active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

QM is active for the material but I still want to be able to post it from UU stock to QI stock via 322. I created a copy of the mvmt type and flagged "QM not active" in QMJJ.

But I'm still not able to post the movement, I get the error

"Change the inspection stock of material 2454 in QM only" (Message no. QA 495).

How can I move a material to QI without creating an inspection lot and QM still active?? (I need inspection type 04 for production).

Thanks,

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't. Once QM is active, you can't move material to QI via any standard transactions, including copies.

You can 'trick' the system. Many places use a virtual QC storage location. Use a movement like 411 to move material from store location to store location. You need 05 inspection type on if I remember right. Then at UD, you post the material back to the normal storage location. Turn off auto UD's for these, since you have to have the user change the storage location in the UD posting screen. Other wise an auto UD would post it to unrestricted back to the QC storage location.

You might want to create a copy of the MM that works for you. Turn QM active off for the original and use the copy to move to QI. You'll want the original for moving material between other storage locations without having a lot created.

Craig.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once material for which QM is active you can not make any.

AS suggested by other member also, you have to again make 05 inspection type.

In my opnion , you can niot make it possible in STd SAP.

Regards

YMREDDY