cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the recomended default Queue Type for industries having a huge Data Volume ? Is it the inbound Queue or the Outbound Queue ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjini B Krishnamurthy

To a avoid misunderstanding, here is some comment about CIF queue.

Even you activate inbound queue, outbound queue is still used in sender system.

So if you create data in APO, it is first stored in ourbound queue, then Q-out scheduler process it and store queue datain inbound queue of reciver system. Then inbound queue scheduler of receiver system process queue in inbound queue.

So even you activate inbound queue, outbound queue is still used. (If you stop queue out scheduler from T-CD SMQS, you may see queue in outbound queue).

Since outbound queue had problem before (just using outbound queue had possibility to used up all WP in receiver system), inbound queue is recommended. Then receiver system can control the number of wps related to queue process.

And as you may know, inbound queue enable more control of queue processing. So with high data volume scenario, inbound queue is better to be used.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have performance issues in the target system it is recommented to use inbound queues.

When APO is integrated with R/3, enormous system loads can occur with mass transactions (planning in R/3, planning in APO, backorder processing, automatic planning).This is due to missing workload distribution of the qRFC when you use outbound queues (APO-CIF standard delivery).The systems may experience total overload and break down.

For further details see note 388528 - APO-CIF: Change to inbound queues

or Note 388001 - R/3-APO-CIF: Conversion to inbound queues

Kind regards,

Christian

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

"This is due to missing workload distribution of the qRFC when you use outbound queues (APO-CIF standard delivery)."

How do I check whether we are using Inbound or Outbound queues..

Thanks,

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In R/3 you can look at transaction cfc1 and in APO you have to look at /sapapo/c2

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In /SAPAPO/C2, Inbound queue is maintained...however, in R/3 ; CFC1; only OpMode is maintained as "I" ...Queue Type is blank...do I need to maintain Inbound here too..

Thanks a lot...

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Queue type you use is a decision you make based on the data load etc. I know that inbound queues are used for situations which have high data volumes since this is more efficient.

I is for Inbound queues and blank for Outbound queues . You can also see the queue type if you use the drop down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inbound queue and outbound queue is subjective..

Inbound queue means the queue by which data is going into the system

outbound queue is the queue by which data is going out from the system