cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxonomy to BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We need to send records to BI - this also involves sending the taxonomy with attributes.

What the various options to send taxonomy data to BI.

specifically :

a) what is the format [flat, or is there a particular structure]

b) text or xml ?

c) is sending a syndicated file the best option ?

d) are ABAP Api's worth using ?

-Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

As per my knowledge BI understand only .CSV format(comma seperated values)

Here we have to syndicate the file in .csv format as BI system only takes flat file data in .csv format)

specifically :

a) what is the format flat, or is there a particular structure

BI system only takes flat file data in .csv format

b) text or xml ?

Text.

Best and Easy.

Yes by installing MDM_TECH add-on on to the BI system usiong ABAP API's you can do BI-MDM integration.

Reward points if helpfull.

With Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am familiar with syndicating stuff via syndicator in text/xml format but how to you send out the entire record with the taxonomy & its attributes .

Is there a particular out put structure that MDM needs to send data to BI for BI to digest it ?

Sending a flat csv file would mean sending over 300 fields .. is this something that BI should/can handle ? Isn't there a more intelligent way of sending data to BI ?

-Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

specifically :

a) what is the format flat, or is there a particular structure?

Ans: If you are using port with and xsd on destination (means the structure of your BI tables or idoc or whatever it is, i am assuming because i dont have any knowledge of BI) in syndicator, then data will go in xml format and it is best in my opinion because your scenario will be automated while XI will pick data from ready folder.

Flat is also another option, but i think you have to use content conversion on XI side. So its upto you and on conditions what you will use.

b) text or xml ?

Ans:already explained in 1st answer.

Ans: yes, overall what does the syndicator means, it will send data taking from MDM repository to a R3/CRM/SAP system . and if you already have a cleanse, consistent and unique data then you can send it to any system, which requires it.

Ans: I think abap api dont have functionality of syndicator, but if you are talking in different sense means fetching data on BI side using ABAP apis then you have use some abap reports to apend/modify it in internal tables of BI system

If i will do this integration, i will prefer syndicator because my scenario will be automated, no abap programming required and i thing its easy also if you have some XI basic scenario knowledge.

Rewards if helpful.

BR,

Alok