Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer texts mass maintenance

adilson_ferreira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hy Gurus

I need to massively update the customer texts for some of our customers. In transaction XD99 I saw that text fields are not supported, so, I am thinking in developing a program for this task.

As I like to avoid developments at most, I would like to know if there is another way to do this text massive maintenance in a standard way. Can anybody tell me how to do this?

Best regards,

Adilson Ferreira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adilson,

I believe a batch-input recording is the best possible way to do the mass-update you are looking for. Set up the recording for the first record in the steps you want, then specify the file & run the program. System will update the records.

If you are not familiar with LSMW, then first try it out in Sandbox server, once you are comfortable, then proceed with it in production system.

The above is just a suggestion, if helpful, reward points.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adilson_ferreira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Special thanks for all of you. You helped me so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Texts are not supported by XD99 as you pointed out. But here creating utility is a better option. Do remember to make this utility to consider language specific changes, if your client has business across geographies and languages.

Secondly while building utiliy, do also consider having a table to maintain the change log as customer master change document doesnt support text change logs.

From my client experience, we have finance approvals before customer master change. In this case, you may need to add couple of step process in transaction to create, approve/reject and then process.

Hope my inputs help you. Reward accordingly.

Kind Regards

Sandeep