cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application server with instance number<#>already exists on server <server>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

From my quality system SLD, I have removed one of the technical system. Now when I am trying to import the instance of the same Technical system from the SLD of Acceptance system I am able to import the Technical system successfully <B> BUT </B> the related systems are not importing with it. i.e the business systems, installed product, application server, message server details etc. (all the tabs) are empty.

When I am trying to populate these fields by copying the content from Acceptance system I am getting the following errors:

<BR>

1. In <b>Application Servers </b> tab when entering all the details i.e Host name and instance number (same as that of acceptance) the following error is coming:

"Application server with instance number <2 digit number> already exists on server <server name>; enter a different host name or instance number"

2. In <b>Installed Products</b> tab when I am selecting the product names I am getting the following error:

CIM_ERR_ALREADY_EXISTS: Instance already exists: SAP_InstalledSoftwareComponent.Name="<component name>",SoftwareElementID="<ID number>",SoftwareElementState=3,TargetOperatingSystem=0,Version="1.0"

Kindly help me with this problem ASAP.

Regards,

Rookie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to import all Business syatems based on that specific technical system.

Otherwise the relationship will not be maintained properly and will errored out.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Will straight away importing all the realted business systems from Acceptance do thr trick???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly respond to this thread.

The Techincal System is Web AS ABAP.

Regards,

Rookie.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay. But this problem was solved.

I deleted all the instances of the Business Systems, Products and SWC related to my Technical system.

Thanks all, I have given points to all of u..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rookie,

"Application server with instance number <2 digit number> already exists on server <server name>; enter a different host name or instance number"

2. In Installed Products tab when I am selecting the product names I am getting the following error:

CIM_ERR_ALREADY_EXISTS: Instance already exists: SAP_InstalledSoftwareComponent.Name="<component name>",SoftwareElementID="<ID number>",SoftwareElementState=3,TargetOperatingSystem=0,Version="1.0"

think objects are still existing in cache.

see that u deleted the business system technical system and products .

if they are already deleted and u are still getting error then SLD is persisitng landscape objects.

can u just try clearing SLD CACHE i know its related to repository and directory.but just try deleting the SLD CACHE in configuartion.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama krishna

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try this solution.

SLD -> Administration -> Content Maintenance -> option all with instances with the option Installed products -> delete all relatived products with your system.

if it doesn't work

try these threads..

?

?

regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

The links you have provided are empty and contains no content.

Regards,

Rookie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My first problem i.e. of Application Server is now solved.

I am able to add the port number to my host name but now another following problem is in front of me

In Message Server tab for my Technical system all the follwing fields are empty and inactive:

1. Host Name

2. Message Server Port

3. Description

4. Administration contact

When I am trying to add new logon group a new page is being displayed with the following error:

500 Internal Server Error

Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator.

[Hide]

Error Summary

While processing the current request, an exception occured which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

If the information contained on this page doesn't help you to find and correct the cause of the problem, please contact your system administrator. To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page. Hint: Most browsers allow to select all content, copy it and then paste it into an empty document (e.g. email or simple text file).

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.ContextException: Node(TechnicalSystemDetailView.ABAPSystemDetail.MessageServer.LogonGroups): cannot bind or add elements because the node has no valid parent

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.prepareAddElement(Node.java:656)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.addElement(Node.java:635)

at com.sap.sld.wd.technicalsystem.TechnicalSystemDetailView.onActionNewLogonGroup(TechnicalSystemDetailView.java:616)

at com.sap.sld.wd.technicalsystem.wdp.InternalTechnicalSystemDetailView.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalTechnicalSystemDetailView.java:974)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87)

... 28 more

See full exception chain for details.

System Environment

<b>All please help me as this is an urgent issue</b>

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which user you logged in? what roles are assigned to user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

Iam also facing the same problem

CIM_ERR_ALREADY_EXISTS: Instance already exists: SAP_BCSystem.CreationClassName="SAP_BCSystem",Name="<SID>.SystemNumber.<np>.SystemHome.<namer>"

for this wat i did was to clear the content in Administration->content maintenance ->installed products all ,again iam getting the similar error

user i have logged is j2ee_admin,while in SLDDSUSER icant get the tab of Administration

have u got any idea iam new to SLD

rgrds,

kumar