cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having the notification types at the initial screen of iw51

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I follow the menu path as " Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Maintenance and Service Processing -> Maintenance and Service Notifications -> Notification Creation -> Notification Types -> Define Notification Types ", I can see that there are 44 notification types. On the other hand, at the initial screen of iw51, when I push the F4 button for "Notification type" field, I can see only 4 of the 44 notification types. What is the reason of this and how is the custimization of having the other notification types at the initial screen of iw51 done?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

When you look on notification type through IW51 , that will list notification type which are all created for service (customer service.

Through path what are all notification types lised that are created for plan maintenance purpose.

Becuase of that u r getting different notification type list.

Let me know..

Regards

Sendil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sendil;

There is no notification type listed for plant maintenance purpose at our system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx and could your please ensure the notification category of notiifcation type which are all showing through that path way or please send that screen shot that would be gr8.

Regards

Sendil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Notification function is used across various modules PM.QM , etc.

IW51 is specific to service notification.Hence notification types related to that function is coming over there.

More over notification screens will be different depends upon the notification type.

For notification creation , it is being created from central place. Hence during notification creation , it is showing all types of Notification.

More over Each Notification type is assigned to Notification category (PM,QM,Service,General etc).

Refer the following help on Notification category

Definition: notification category

Plant Maintenance (PM)

A key that identifies notification types in an application component.

Notification categories include:

o Quality notification in the Quality Management (QM) application component

o Maintenance notification in the Plant Maintenance (PM) application component

o Service notification in the Customer Service (CS) application component

Hope this will helps you.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Edited by: ARUN KM on Mar 3, 2008 6:44 PM