cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus

I have one query that we have the material aqua bottle in stock with batch management

means

50 aqua bottle-in batch 100001

150 aqua bottle in batch 100002

200 aqua bottle in batch 100003

-

total-400 aqua bottle

so when i got the order of 350 aqua bottle

system should automatically start taking the material from first batch upto its requirement[means like FIFO basis} in the sales order or delivery

how can i solve this problem

plz give solution with complete setting

Suitable answers wille be rewarded

Regards

Amol Gawai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

1. Maintain a class with LOBM_HSDAT as the characteristic. This is standard LOBM charactreristic and need not be created.

2. Will have to maintain the production date in the batch master. Transaction Code MSC2N.

4. Create a sort rule in CU71 with the characteristic as LOBM_HSDAT. Flag the Ascending check box.

3. Create a batch determination record in VCH1.

Make sure the appropriate batch determination strategy type is in the Batch determination procedure assigned to the Sales area and document type.

This should help the cause.

Regards,

Anil kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I am not aware of the standard SAP functionality.

But this will need a Z customization.

I think this can be as below:

1. You will need to have a table which will define the stock receipt according to date of receipt. I think its better to differentiate by quarterly or monthly.

2. Then define the availability check/back order processing to look for this table and see if the old stock is consumed or not. If no then stock will be allocated from that record.

This will go into lot of complications. One other solution is to have a custom field at Item level in sales order. This will populate the batch no. of the material that should be allocated. Now when delivery is created and EDI 940 or picking and packing list is printed then this field can be considered so that warehouse guy can know which should be depleted first.

The table can have stock , batch no, date and total stock on the day this stock was added for that material. This can be made specific till plant and storage location.

Hope this helps.

Reward points accordingly.

Kind Regards

Sandeep