cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new coding mask into productional system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A new division is entering our system and has a business requirement for a project coding mask C-00000.00.00.00.00 to handle capital investment projects. We would like this proces to make the good example for rolling out project models to the rest of the organisation (and for making new coding masks in the future)

However, we are facing a problem. Until now only the IT department has been using the project system and they have not had the need for mulitlevel projects or project models.

IT projects today is entered as free texts like:

Definition ITINTCOM001-S1003

WBS ITINTCOM001-S1003

with no regard to the coding. Logistics integration is used via networks and MM-SRV.

I have read in another issue in the forum that I was supposed to be able to enter additional coding masks as long as they did not interfear with existing coding masks. So I tried to transport a new coding mask into the system but it created an error message CJ 610 "Entry length is incorrect B-00000.00.00.00" with a reference to the coding (there are no existing projects using B- or any other coding mask). It also made a system dump when a wbs was searched via F4.

So I removed the coding again and the system went back to normal.

Since go-live is closing in I would be highly appreciative if anybody had a suggestion on how to solve this issue?

BR

Allan Albrecht

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Node SPRO (T code OPSK) ie., Define Special Characters for Projects, mention '1' in PL field- Length of key for coding (as in your case the key is 'B') and don't check the check box SL. Also don't check the check box 'Edit'.

For reasons, refer the F1 help on these fields.

Save this and new coding mask in same request and transport it. Try this and let me us know if it solves the problem.

You can also refer to note 520944

Regards

Sreenivas