Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing webservice etc...

csyadlapalli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I know that if we really want to publish the webservice we will take care of Authentication with Basic or with certificates etc, as you know. But will it be accessible from external networks (like internet ofcourse with some security) if I publish in service registry. As we dont have ESR now, dont we use my webservice from external networks?? Now we are able to access it from other applications in same network.

I have seen the screen cam showing the creation of webdynpro object which will access the standard webservice. Do we use enterprise services directly in ECC if we have ESR or do we need portal for this?? It seems I am asking silly questions, plz dont mind, I am very new to web related developments.

I dont understand how can we import standard enterprise services and use those. Would you provide a document having the steps regarding this??

Regards,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

There are two places where you can publish your Web Service

a) Service Registry( not ESR, ESR stands for Enterprise Service Repository which is for some other purpose)

Consumption Process------>

1)Client will search through service registry and choose a service which is required. He will get the WSDL file for that service from service registry where the endpoint address(url, hostname port etc) is mentioned.

2) Client will make direct contact at the address specified in wsdl File

b)Local Registry---> When you are not publishing your web service in service Registry, it is automatically published in default registry ie. registry of your web application server. You can give the WSDL client manually to the client and the client would be able to call the web service.

In both the above two cases, you external as well as internal client can access the web service. But your http port and WSDL URL location should be accessible to the client.

Service Registry is mainly used when you want your web service is available and can be searched publically or in a global environment.

The Enterprise Services are providing only services. To present it to the end user, you need some UI tools( like WebDynPro,Visual Composer etc) to consume .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Piyush

Award points if useful

csyadlapalli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Thank you so much for detailed reply. I have few more questions here:

What is the use of ESR??

How do we get Service registry?? With what version??

How do we get standard services into our SAP system?? Like using service pack...??

Can't we use standard services without Portal??

Hope you will give clear understanding this time also.

Regards,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

See the inline reply.

What is the use of ESR??

ESR is the definition or metadata for Enterprise Services. Service Name,Operation.Structure etc are stored. All the Enterprise Services which SAP is providing will be listed in ESR. But you cannot get the technical deatils for connecting to a web service. It is for internal use.

How do we get Service registry?? With what version??

New PI 7.1 is shipped with UDDI v3. You can also get it with Netweaver CE 7.1.

How do we get standard services into our SAP system?? Like using service pack...??

Ehp ie. Enhancement packs are used to deliver Enterprise Services which are applied on ERP. Latest Ehp released is Ehp 3 AFAIK.

Can't we use standard services without Portal??

Yes, You can consume Enterprise Services with any technology like Java,.Net etc. There is no need for Portal.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Piyush

csyadlapalli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Piyush.

Chandra.