cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Link to Batch Number (MCH1 & MCHA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to link a DIR to Batch Number.

For this i tried object MCH1(Batch Number without Plant) & MCHA (Batch Number with Plant).Screen Numbers for MCH1 is 264 & for MCHA is 265.

After making the reqd. configurations, ie. defining object links for Document Type as MCHA & MCH1 when i go to transaction CV01N i can see the tab for MCH1(screen number 1264) and no tab is available for MCHA(1265).

And when i go for CV04N, and try to search for same document type with the help of object links then both tabs are visible there. But now in these tabs material column is not visible, only Batch column is visible for MCH1 and Batch & Plant column are visible for MCHA. I have already checked the Table settings - there is nothing wrong with it.

Please guide me why such problem is occurring instead of maintaining all configuration properly. Is there anything that i have missed?

Points for helpful answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rasmussen_mi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Update this view: V_TDWOT

EN MCH1 Batch Master
EN MCHA Batch Master

DE MCH1 Chargenstamm

DE MCHA Chargenstamm

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding your description I would kindly ask you to check if you have add the object MCH1 correctly to the document type too.

Therefore please go to transaction DC10 and mark the document type. Then go to subpoint 'Define Object Links' and here you will see all available objects for this document type. Here the objects MCHA and MCH1 should be maintained with the correct screens. If both objects are maintained correctly here, they should also be displayed in CV01N.

For further information please see also the following SDN WIKI page:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/plm/ca-dms-Object+link&

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for quick response.

Looks like I was not clear in my query.

What I have done is as following:

1.Maintain Screen for Object Link: Here I maintained the objects MCH1 & MCHA with screen numbers 264 & 265 respectively. And also maintained value “1” for Authorization.

2.Define Document Type >> Define Object Link: Then I have assigned these 2 objects to the particular Document Type with DC10 along with respective screens.

Now when I go to CV01N and go to object links I can see only 1 tab which contains Material & Batch which I guess is visible because of MCH1 (Screen number 264).

But I am not able to see the other tab which should contain Material, Batch & Plant as defined in the screen 265 for object MCHA.

Second problem is when I go to CV04N, and enter the Document Type and go to object link tab, I can see 2 tabs. But one of these tabs has Batch & Plant Column and the other tab has only Batch column.

Please help me out with this. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts !!

Has anybody tried the steps i have mentioned ?

Are you getting the tab screens(Object Link) properly in CV01N/02N & CV04N.

Are you facing the problem i am facing with my system or am i missing some configurations?

Please guide me.

Points for useful answers.

Thanks

Abhishek