cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM 3.0 Signature Capture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented MAM 3.0, however when we use the signature capture functionality, the applet gets loaded and we can capture the signature , but when we hit the save button , nothing happens, when we hit the clear button the captured signature is cleared.

Can anyone help me with locating the problem

Warm Regards,

Priya Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Because you are running signature capture(applet) in Laptop Client, system will not allow applet to access the system resources. You need to set the policies for accessing the system resources by using the policy tool available under \j2sdk1.4.2_08\bin

Just Click on the executable policytool.exe , now you will get a pop up window to set the permissions....

Click on Add Policy Entry /then Add permission tabs

now select All permissions and click ok followed by done.

now save the file -

>>

note: with the name .java.policy at the C:/documents and settings/ all users(or either any specific user that you are using)

Hope this help you.

Chinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

thanks for the reply, i checked in \jre\lib\security java.policy file

added the following permission using policytool.exe

permission java.security.AllPermission;

still i am unable to hit save button in signature capture applet.

I tried creating a .java.policy file using policy tool for single user but was unable to do so, as when i again reopened the policytool.exe , it would not recognize the already existing .java.policy file which i had created earlier. so i added the permission in the java.policy file of java home.

Please help!

Warm Regards,

Priya Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi am able to hit the save button now, i could finally add the permission in the java policy file. But now after hitting the save button i am getting error

An error has occurred

Unable to locate selected object

Component: order

View: com.sap.mbs.mam.order.control.CaptureSignature

Event: onBack

the signature gif image is getting saved in the SAP Mobile Infrastructure\work folder.

Kindly suggest!!

Regards,

Priya Ghosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

to overcome laptops' restictions with writing on hard drive you should use a signed applet instead of playing with security policies.

MAM delivers signed applet so that signature capture fucntionality should work without changing policies.

1. If you use standard MAM and face this problem - report it to SAP. It means that add-on provided by SAP is not built properly and they have to fix it.

2. If you enhanced fucntionality - search web to find how to sign your applet. It is different for SUn versus Microsoft JVM.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova